Main Promo Images
ChristianMusicWeekly wraps up 25 years, a quarter century, of publication. That's longer than CCM, CRR and most other.
To subscribe for free... or if you're radio and you'd like to be a reporter, click on GET IT NOW
What's on your schedule this week? Let me guess … you've got a lot of things going on this time of year. Here's a bit of Thanksgiving-themed show prep and some conversation starters to make your week a bit easier.
Thanksgiving and Kids
How do you make the Thanksgiving something more than a turkey dinner and a nap? ModernMom.com says make thankfulness a lifestyle by teaching your kids to do these five things:
1) Say your gratitude out loud.
2) Make time for thanks.
3) Help the thank-you note make a comeback.
4) Write down what you're thankful for.
5) Encourage teamwork and community involvement.
Need more ideas? Andrea Reiser writes this on HuffPost:
1) Be a grateful parent
2) Don't shower your kids with too much “stuff.”
3) Have 'em pitch in when they want something.
Andrea shares eight more ideas that are worth following. Check out her article here.
SecondChanceToDream.com offers a few conversation starters, including:
1) _____ means so much to be because... (Name the person)
2) Say one thing you are thankful for, for the person next to you.
3) What is one thing that happened this year that you are thankful for?
Download additional ideas here:
Need some conversation starters for on-air or online posts? Try these ideas:
1) What's the one family tradition (if your family has Thanksgiving traditions) that you look forward to most?
2) Does your family have a “family game” that everyone plays when you get together each year?
3) What's your number one tip for surviving holiday travel?
4) How do you keep your kids occupied during long trips?
5) If you could invite one person (past or present) to Thanksgiving dinner, who would it be and why?
6) How to you budget or save money when shopping for Thanksgiving dinners?
And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.
As you plan for the holidays – and help your listeners celebrate – don't forget to set some time aside for yourself so that you, too, can give thanks!
Bill Arbuckle CMW
Our business model is different from the other publications. They charge big money for the publication and then give away the list of surveyed stations. This means the important data for promoters is free, while radio stations bear the higher cost, effectively just for the right of reporting. CMW's business model charges radio nothing. Zero. Nada. But we do charge for the reporters list.
The cost is currently $25 by PayPal. It's fairly up to date. But you can help us by reporting back any changes we should make, and we'll include them on our next edition.