Here's the permission you've been looking for: take time to refuel your creativity.
• Talk to a creative friend
• Read an article you've been wanting to read
• Schedule time to listen to a new song
• Write out your plans...no matter how simple or incomplete they may seem.
• Go read a past script or show bit you've written What worked? Why did you like it?
• Watch an old comedy
• Google kids jokes and read them. Out loud.
Creativity needs to be refueled. Often. And creative thinking comes from connecting unconnected dots. So take ten minutes today and refuel the tank. It might seem like you don't have enough time...but refueling the creative tank is one of the most important things you can do. So...do it.