Start planning your summer promotions now. Take a few minutes this week and answer these questions:
1) How can I serve my listeners – especially moms of school-aged kids – this summer?
2) How do I want the station to be perceived?
3) How can I keep listeners engaged on a daily basis?
4) Where do I want the station to be (financially, listenership, credibility) for Fall/Winter events?
Note: “Promotions” aren't always about doing things. More often than not, “promotions” are about establishing and strengthening your station image.
While you're planning promotions and events, here are a few dates to keep in mind:
• May 14 – Mother's Day
• May 29 – Memorial Day
• June 6 – D-Day
• June 14 – Flag Day
• June 18 – Father's Day
• June 19 – Juneteenth Day
• June 20 – Summer Solstice
• July 4 – Independence Day
Take a look at these dates and events, then apply the answers to the questions above. If these events help serve listeners, strengthen your credibility and engage listeners, they might just be a good fit.
This coming summer, put your time and energy into the promotions and events that will grow your station's brand and increase listenership.