How long does a Tweet last? A Facebook post? An Instagram photo?
Not nearly as long as we’d like.
Natalie Peterson, a writer for Ragan’s PR Daily newsletter did the research. Here’s what she found:
• Facebook: Posts receive 75% of their impressions within the first two and a half hours. Half of all impressions are made within the first 30 minutes.
• Twitter: Most tweets are read within one hour of posting.
• YouTube: YouTube videos last the longest – half of all views happen within the first seven hours.
• Snapchat: Ten seconds before it’s gone.
• Instagram: Photos and stories disappear 24 hours after being posted.
People are deluged with information, content and conversations. We’ve been trained to think in soundbites, jump cuts and flashy images. The average person’s attention span is about eight seconds. Most people read less than 100 words in an article.
So how do you get someone’s attention? How do you connect with them?
Use only the best.
The best stories. The best words. The best ideas.
Bring your best.
Your best energy. Your best personality. Your best storytelling.
Building connections and getting noticed isn’t easy. But it’s vital that you put in the time and do the hard work. Otherwise, your words are gone within seconds.
SOURCE: How Your Social Media Presence Can Keep Up with the Kardashians (Natalie Peterson, PRDaily.com, 5/17/17