We communicate with mom every day. In fact, she's our top priority. But do you really know her? Here's a look at some of the latest stats and info on mom. (From GirlPowerMarketing.com)
• Over 70% of moms with kids aged 18 and under participate in the work force. That's a lot of working moms!
• 40% of U.S. homes with kids under 18 are headed by single moms.
• Women account for 85% of all purchases today.
• 75% of women are the primary shoppers in their families … and 92% of women pass on online or personal recommendations.
• Women also lead the way in electronics purchases – 61% of women either bought or initiated the purchase. (In order of purchase: smartphones, tablets, laptops, HDTVs)
• Over 90% of women take the lead in new home purchases.
• Women account for 93% of food and pharmaceutical purchases.
• The average age of new moms is 25.
• One out of every 11 women owns a business.
• 60% of moms believe organic foods are better for their health.
• 9 out of 10 women seek health information from online sources.
• Millennial moms (born between 1978 and 1994) make up about 20% of U.S. Moms.
• 81% of moms prefer texting over talking.
This is just a small sampling of the latest research from GirlPowerMarketing.com. Check out the research for more stats.
How will you use this information to connect better with mom on-air and online? With more moms in the workforce, the demand on moms are greater than ever before. Become her friend, her expert and the person who watches out for her and her family. The more you make an active effort to bring her the info and encouragement she needs, the more loyal she'll be to your station.